Thread: Web camera with motion sensing recording

Web camera with motion sensing recording

Which web camera comes with auto recording option. I want a camera that can start recording when it finds something moving in the area. This would be really better. I want to install this at my cabin. I had tried to find some models, but I can only find security cameras which are costly. I do not require them. I just need a simple webcam which has a trigger to start recording only when someone is moving.

Re: Web camera with motion sensing recording

Most of the web camera that we see online does not has that features. This kind of options are only available in security camera. You will require to use some kind of software which can help you to do that.

Just buy any reasonable camera and install iSpy. This is a open source software that can help you to convert your existing camera into a security device. Being a free tool it offers you a set of different features.There are two version available. One is a regular desktop client and the other one is a server client. That you can simply configure to control multiple camera. But I do not thing you really need that. You can just start working with a simple desktop based client. It has a very simple interface. It is configured on startup. When you start your pc the software starts working. It is a fully featured software that has ample of security features. You just require to hook the camera and configure the software to work. It has a timeline also that gives you recording information. It only works when there is a movement. So that your time is bit saved in recording everything. This also saves hard drive space. iSpy being a open source tool offers you the most cost effective solution for security stuff. If you find this complicated then there are more tools available. Ample of them are paid and designed to work with security cameras.

Try Active WebCam. I use this and it works fine. You just have to turn it on and you can move ahead with your work. It works fine with video recording and has simple to use features. It also has a live broadcasting feature through which you can see the live images.

You require a video surveillance software. Which can record videos when there is any motion. Adding a software reduce cost. Because you can convert your existing webcam into a recording tool. Yawcam is a web camera software that comes with Motion Detection. You can configure it for recording purpose. I found it extremely comfortable to use. It has a simple settings through which you can enable recording. Along with this, by a simple click you can hook the camera on FTP or video streaming. I had this software installed in my pc. There is no issue with the output here. It works fine and has a simple recording options. Another tool which I found on web is Dorgem.It is also a open source tool which is free to use and has nice feature to configure webcam monitoring. The tool works in the system tray. It is very light and has minimum settings. To use motion recording you have to click on use motion detection. That's all. It will start recording and will give you appropriate output.