Thread: Canon PowerShot A2300 battery drains out really fast

Canon PowerShot A2300 battery drains out really fast

The battery of Canon PowerShot A2300 drains out really fast. I am not able to understand why this is happening in a new camera. Atleast I am expecting this for 5 hrs minimum. I took the camera to my aunts place with me and used it for the entire day. I have to charge it two times. This is so annoying. What is the optimum battery output every digital camera offers. Is it less than 5 hrs.

Re: Canon PowerShot A2300 battery drains out really fast

Well it depends on your usage. If you keeps on using flash or record full HD videos then the battery drains out really fast.There is nothing you can do. You can carry a portable charger with you.

You can save a huge amount of battery if your camera has a EVG or optical view finder. But your model Canon PowerShot A2300 is not having that one. It is a point to shoot camera. You will need to avoid using much flash here. When you are taking photos outside try to turn off the flash permanently. This will increase the battery output. Flash is one of the most common cause for battery drain. I had seen many people who keeps on clicking image constantly using flash. At some places you do not really need flash. That is when you are outdoors in bright sunlight. The second thing you can have do is avoid playing your videos/images again and again. Every camera offers you a playback button. When you press it more battery is consuming in displaying those content. Mostly for videos. If you keep on viewing them the battery will drain quickly. Instead of that you can transfer those things to a pc or you can use a cable to view those images on a hdtv which will save the power.Many camera comes with power saver features. Keep them turned on. It will save around 10 to 20% of battery power. Also reduce the lcd brightness to minimum.

You keep the flash turned off. That will do the job. And when you are not using it turn off the camera. Set the lcd light time out to minimum. So that when you are not using it, the camera can went into sleep mode.