Thread: Nokia E71 all call logs and sms erased after reboot

Nokia E71 all call logs and sms erased after reboot

There is a weird problem in my Nokia E71 mobile phone. This morning the battery was completely drained off. So it was switched off. When I connected it on charger and turned it on there were no call logs and there were no messages also. It was completely empty. The entire history was erase. I tried to check in the settings but there is nothing available. I am not able to figure out the issue here. Can anyone simply help me how to fix this thing.

Re: Nokia E71 all call logs and sms erased after reboot

Try to go in the call log section of your phone and in that tap the menu key which will show you the settings panel. In that there is a log expiry period. Try to set that on maximum and then check back.

If that settings does not work then the only option left here is to run a complete factory restore. I had gone through a number of issues in this device. And factory settings only makes it to work fine. The most annoying issue is a constant wifi check. I had installed a online contact backup application which simply syncs my contacts and messages online. Due to which I can restore my phone anytime. I am using Youlu here. There can be some internal problem in the phone due to which you are not able to save the call log. The best thing you can do is simply format the phone back again. If you are worried about the contacts and sms you can backup them on your memory card. Nokia series have ample of smart applications which can do that. You can save all the contacts and then re-import them back again once your phone starts working fine. Application like BullGuard Mobile Backup is really effective to take data backup and restore it whenever needed. If factory settings does not work then the last option left is to flash the mobile phone which can be done through service center.

Flashing is a good option to remove a number of problem in the device. You can just run that. Factory settings just wipe out any internal application and restore your phone to an original settings. That does not work sometime.