Thread: Charge Battery icon stuck on Thinkpad Satellite laptop

Charge Battery icon stuck on Thinkpad Satellite laptop

I have a Thinkpad Satellite laptop. My desktop motherboard is damage due to which I bought this one 3 months ago and I am using it at home only. It is connected to my lcd monitor. And I keep the charger connected. Now when I was cleaning my desk I disconnected the charger the battery did not changed. It still shows me that the device is charging. How can I remove that.

Re: Charge Battery icon stuck on Thinkpad Satellite laptop

Looks like some problem with battery. Shutdown your laptop. Remove the battery and keep it aside for sometime. Then insert it back again. This will fix the problem. This is called as battery calibration.

This is not a battery issue. It is because your power jack failed. It is always recommended that you must disconnect the laptop charger if the battery is full. Do not keep it connected. That can damage the battery or it can also cause a issue with the laptop charger. I had lost my charger just because of same reason. Now here your power jack is having a issue. And you cannot fix that on your own. You will need to carry the laptop to your nearest service center. If it is under warranty then you will get the fix. But if not then you will have to pay for that. It is not a costly affair. Try to maintain a habit. When the laptop battery is full just disconnect the charger and keep it aside. For calibrating the battery you have to first disconnect the charger. Do not reconnect it until the full battery is drained out and you get a popup warning on your screen. You can still leave it for sometime so that there must be no power left in the battery. Then connect the charger. I always charge my laptop for first 2 hours. I use it until it shutdown on its own. In this way you can maintain the battery life also.

It is a power issue. You have to simply carry the laptop to service center for repair. I think they might remove the power jack and add a new one. It is a very basic issue. Just avoid using charger all time.