Thread: Wireless Connection too slow on Surface Tablet

Wireless Connection too slow on Surface Tablet

I have D-Link wifi router and a 4Mbps broadband connection at my home which is already connected with 2 other Windows 7 laptops, an Android Tablet and 2 smartphones. We get a decent internet speed on all of these devices but when i connect my new Surface Tablet on the same network i get horrible speed. For example, it takes about 30 to 45 seconds to open Bing or Google home page. While at the same time all my other device takes just 2 to 3 seconds.

Tried reconnecting manually several times but yet the same problem. I am not able to figure out the exact issue. Hope anyone of you guys can help me out with the same. Many thanks in advance.

Re: Wireless Connection too slow on Surface Tablet

Sounds surprising. Even i am having a surface but didn't noticed any such problem with the WiFi reception. Can you tell me if the problem is with only the browser or all internet applications? Also which browser do you use? Is the problem is with all browsers?

I agree with you Dajbog. Surface Pro had the WiFi issues since beginning. But it was fixed after Microsoft released the first update back in March, didn’t you applied the same? If not, run windows update and installed everything you see in the list.

It contains the patch you required to fix the wifi problems of the tablet. Let me know if you still face the problem after installing updates.

I don’t think the problem is fixed yet because I found a discussion thread on Microsoft community which has now reach about 63 pages containing the same problem with many surface users. Although many of them have fixed but yet many are there facing slow wifi issues after installing updates.

Here are few workarounds to fix the wifi issues on Surface tablets. First of all clear your DNS cache by running “ipconfig /flushdns” in command prompt. Now disable RDC feature by going to Control Panel > Programs and Features > Turn Windows features on or off. Here uncheck “Remote Differential Compression” and click OK button.

One more important thing to do is disabling the TCP Autotuning behavior. This can be done by running the following command in command Prompt:

netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled

After doing all these stuffs, restart the computer again.