Thread: Slow File transfer via wifi on Galaxy Note 2

Slow File transfer via wifi on Galaxy Note 2

I am using eshare application to copy files from my phone to pc and pc to phone on wifi. The transfer speed was decent before. But now it takes really long time to transfer a specific file. It takes around 20mins to transfer a 5 to 10mb of data. I do not think there is any problem with the wifi. Because I use the same network on my laptop and copy shared file form a desktop pc. The problem only lies with the mobile phone.

Re: Slow File transfer via wifi on Galaxy Note 2

Try to re-install the application and then check back. eShare offers you a ftp url to transfer files. It can be slow due to number of reasons. You can try to re-install it or simply switch to any other app that can provide you more speed.

I am using ES Explorer. It works fine.The best part of using this application is that there is no need to go with that ftp stuff. And the transfer speed here is good. I will recommend you to test this once. In ES Explorer you can see the router IP address. And when you tap on that everything is listed in it. All shared folders are visible. You just have to select the file you want. You can either stream your content or you can simply download it on your smartphone which is similar to ftp transfer. The slow transfer speed is due to low wifi range, or low space. Sometime a number applications are working in the background which is also affect the app performance. If you want to test out, you can just backup your data and you can run a complete factory restore. Then you can run the app once again and see whether it is working fine or not. So this is another good way of fixing the problem. But still I will advice you once try ES Explorer. This application is really great in transferring file over wifi. It supports Windows file sharing which is a awesome feature.

Try to bring the smartphone near to the router and then see if there is any change or not. Or you can try some other ftp application. Try to empty some space from the internal storage and check back.