Thread: Unable to install OTA firmware update on HTC 8X

Unable to install OTA firmware update on HTC 8X

Now all Lumia Phones are getting new Amber update but unfortunately it is not for my HTC phone. Anyways, i am having this phone from past few months, never updated it to any firmware. But now as the phone has started performing bit slow, i decided to check for the update. I went to the OTA Update center, checked for new update, got a notifications saying Update available. I tapped to install the update. It took few minutes thereafter and restarted the device.

All well so far. But when the screen came back the only thing i can see is setting wheels rotating on the screen. I left the device for next hours but guess what, the phone is still stuck on the same settings rotating wheels. I tried rebooting the phone manually again but yet those wheels appear after about 2 minutes of blank screen and stuck again.

Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Unable to install OTA firmware update on HTC 8X

Unfortunately there is no HTC PC Suite so that you can try using the same if OTA update is not working. By the way can you tell me from which region you are and what network you are using?

Re: Unable to install OTA firmware update on HTC 8X

Quote Originally Posted by Zacharia View Post
    Unfortunately there is no HTC PC Suite so that you can try using the same if OTA update is not working. By the way can you tell me from which region you are and what network you are using?
    In such case the best option you can go for is nearest HTC Service Center. As this is the official update which you are not able to install, I guess they will not charge you anything even if the device is out of warranty, or they will charge the minimal. As you have already tried wasting so much time trying to fix it on you own, I guess this will be the best solution.