Thread: Is wine available for Android

Is wine available for Android

Is Wine available for android. I cannot find the download here. I had seen in some news that it will be available for android device soon, but I am not able to get the actual date. If it is available then it will allow us to run windows application on android tablets. Like Microsoft Office which will be really awesome. I have certain apps that I want to test on the tablet. Compare to android, Windows table are really costly.

Re: Is wine available for Android

It is not available till yet. There is time for that. I am also waiting for the same. While there are some emulator available on Google Play, but they are just waste of time. I hope the actual version will be soon released.

It is just in the news. I do not think really think it will be available so early. There are more bugs in it and to fix that it will take years. Until we finally get a version that works. Wine on Linux OS is not able to provide a proper stability on the desktop how can you expect that will work fine on tablet. There is a huge difference which cannot be ignored. Also if anyone wine is released for android it will be more resource intensive. It will slow down everything. If you only want to use Microsoft Office, then you can find that from Google Play. Microsoft has officially provided office download for android platform. Developers are working on porting the emulator on android, but there is no guarantee that it will really work. I had seen some test about wine on android. The current performance was really horrible. It will screw the entire tablet output. So even if you get the version out in the market it is recommended to avoid the same. That will be more appropriate.

Yes I too think the performance output will be not so great as expected. Wine will surely slow down your device. It is better to find alternative to windows application which you are using for android platform.