Thread: How to remove Color Patches on Laptop screen

How to remove Color Patches on Laptop screen

I am having a old windows xp laptop. It is still working. When I turned it on there are color patches at the screen corner. And it looks to be growing. Within a week the size doubled up. I am not able to get any solution for that. It is a old laptop that runs a old accounting software. I cannot migrate that because of it is limitation. Is there a way to fix the same. I am also willing to change the laptop screen.

Re: How to remove Color Patches on Laptop screen

That is a hardware fault. You cannot do anything in that. You will have to simply go ahead and find a repair center. Do not try to do anything on your own. You can damage stuff if you go with any manual changes.

Use it until the screen completely stops working. There is one more alternative available that can resolve the problem. You can use a secondary monitor. Ample of laptop comes with a vga cable. You just have to connect a second monitor on that. That's all. It screen output will be available in your new monitor and the output will be better. I use my existing laptop in this way. Because if you go for a new laptop screen then that will be more costly and compare to that if you go for a additional screen that will be more cost effective. So the best way is to go with a secondary monitor support which is easy to us and also quiet simple to handle. There is no need to go for costly repair. Why don't you try to migrate your software to a new system. Try to contact the software developer. He might help you in migration. Because once it is migrated it will be more easier for you to use it on a new computer instead of using the same on old system.

For LCD thing if you have enough technical knowledge then you can open the system and check the cable connectivity. But if not then you must not touch the system. Because there are few set of ribbon cable below the lcd which is connected to the motherboard. Re-fixing that resolve the issue.