Thread: How to completely restore Windows Phone OS

How to completely restore Windows Phone OS

Unlike Android is there any option available in Windows Phone to complete restores its OS. My friend has a windows phone which is working extremely slow. There is a some problem with the internal operating system. I had tried to go with factory settings but it does not looks to be working well. Is there a option available through which we can completely restore the OS and make it like a new one.

Re: How to completely restore Windows Phone OS

No I do not think there is anything like that available. You cannot restore it. There is a factory settings option only available which you can try out to restore the original phone settings. That's all.

There is a big difference between android and windows platform. In android you have system to restore the OS image file via various means. That is because Android is an open source operating system. The SDK is available for everyone to use and modify. While Windows is a commercial product. There is no way you can find a custom image of Windows Phone OS and use it for restoration. Android is more flexible here. It offers you a complete power over you the existing features through which you can restore and fix problem faced by your device. But in Windows there are tons of restrictions. All you can do is carry the phone to a service center and ask for repair. There you can find any solution. I had gone through a number of different forums where there is nothing available. If there is any performance issue then that can be resolved by running a OS update. Right-now there is no update available but you can wait back for any release. Till that time try to get rid of the application installed in your system and make it more clear. By which the performance will be auto optimized.

Try factory settings only. That is the only thing that can help you. If your phone is not working fine then better carry it to the repair center and ask for help. I think they will fix the performance issue if there is any kind of hardware fault.

It can be done via Zune. Connect the phone and go the the settings tab and in that click on update. That's all. The operating system will run a fresh update and it will fix the issue. Do that after running a factory reset. I am also looking for some help through which I can flash the rom of my mobile device. But that does not looks to be working fine. Flashing needs some specific software and tools which are not available for windows. And no one look interested in developing that thing. Update is the only option left here. So you can try to run the update first and then see you are getting a proper output or not. Compare to Android, flashing rom on Windows phone is much more risky. There are not chances that your phone will start working back. So do not trust the tools which are available online for this purpose.