Thread: Android 4.2.2 update for Galaxy Grand DUOS in India

Android 4.2.2 update for Galaxy Grand DUOS in India

I am ready since past two days that Samsung has launched the Android 4.2.2 update for Galaxy Grand Duos (I'm having one) but so far i haven't received any notifications about the same on my mobile. Neither via Over-the-Air, nor via Samsung Kies. Is there any special requirement to get this update?

Can anyone please conform if anyone received the update on their Galaxy Grand DUOS in India? If yes, did you received it through OTA or Kies? Please help.

Re: Android 4.2.2 update for Galaxy Grand DUOS in India

Samsung actually started rolling out the firmware update on August 9, and for your information, these updates reach the users region by region, country by country. Even i am using the Gran DUOS and haven't received the same in India. Probably it should reach by the next week.

However i am not much excited for the udpate as i am already running its leaked official Android 4.2.2 update on my phone. There is nothing so impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by ElilarAsan View Post
    However i am not much excited for the udpate as i am already running its leaked official Android 4.2.2 update on my phone. There is nothing so impressive.
    As you have already used it (leaked update), can you please tell me what all new stuffs are we getting with this update? Is there any thing from the Galaxy S4?

Nope, there is nothing from Galaxy S4. Only Galaxy S3 and Note 2 will get some features that we have seen in S4 with their next update. As far as Galaxy Grand is concerned, with this new 4.2.2 update you get some new lockscreen widgets, enhanced performance, dedicated toggles menu in the status bar and ofcourse the new Quick access menu when you slide down the screen with two fingers.

Samsung has also provided you Smart Stay feature as well as Daydream screensaver mode that shows you picture slideshow in 3D frames when you are charging the phone or if it is docked.

Quote Originally Posted by rathy View Post
    Is there any thing from the Galaxy S4?
    Yes, they have ported a very small thing from Galaxy S4 to this Grand Duos. There are some new widgets with this update which we have seen in S4. Also the update brings two types of home screen. One is the normal TouchWiz that we know and one is the simple homescreen which was also introduced with Galaxy S4.

Though it sounds good that Samsung has finally rolled out the 4.2.2 update for Galaxy Grand Duos, but unfortunately it seems like the update is only and only available for Russian users. No other countries have yet received the update, neither on OTA nor on KIES.