Thread: Toshiba laptop freezes when I connect it to my tv via HDMI

Toshiba laptop freezes when I connect it to my tv via HDMI

I am installed Windows Media server on my system. It is a old desktop pc so I thought to use it like a media server. I added a 1TB hard drive on it. And copied all the videos. Now I have a nice widescreen tv. Whenever I connect it with hdmi cable to my system, the pc freezes. There is no activity on the screen. But when I remove it, the system works fine. What can be the problem.

Re: Toshiba laptop freezes when I connect it to my tv via HDMI

Is your laptop having a graphic card. If yes then try to upgrade your video drivers and check back. The issue can be due to poor drivers. If your laptop has any other connectivity option then try it also like a vga port.

Can you test that on any other tv. If you can manage then just try it. If it still hangs then the issue lies with the system. The video memory is not able to provide you a display output. This can be due to poor driver as mentioned above or it can be due to a faulty cable. When you connect a hdmi or vga cable to your pc the video driver here provides the output with resolution adjustment. Like in my case I had connected my 23inch tv with my pc via hdmi port. When I connect the display resolution is automatically adjusted. While in some cases it remains intact giving a blurry look. So the best thing you can do first is try to checkout whether the cable you had purchased is proper or not. If it is damage or faulty then it is recommended to get a new one. The second thing you have to do update the video drivers. There is no proper solution available for this problem. It appears normally with different type of display. Like if your gpu does not supports high resolution then the output will be stucked on the lower one.

Try to change the cable. I think that will be simply more than enough to fix the issue. I got the issue with dvi-d port. There was no output with it and when I changed it, everything was working fine. There was no issue at all.