Thread: Any Android 4.3 Custom ROM available

Any Android 4.3 Custom ROM available

Android 4.3 is out in the market. Is there a custom rom available which can installed on other devices. I am looking for some kind of update which I can apply on my Samsung Galaxy Y. But I cannot find anything. I am even not able to get a Android ICS rom for that device. I had seen a set of custom rom for ICS available for many devices.

Re: Any Android 4.3 Custom ROM available

The rom support works on those devices which has reasonable hardware configuration. Samsung Galaxy Y is good for Gingerbread. It will not work with ICS or Jellybean. Even if you find any rom it will not work well.

There are certain custom rom available but they are only meant for high end devices like HTC and Galaxy S4. You cannot use them in the regular system. It will be complicated for you to run the setup and make it work fine. For old devices it is always complicated to get a reasonable solution for custom rom while for high end devices like HTC we have ample of custom rom available. Now there is one rom available which gives android 4.3 on HTC. I do not think this might work on any other device. The rom works well on HTC One and Galaxy S4. All you have to do is first move ahead with rooting processor and then go with the setup custom rom installation. For devices like Samsung Galaxy Y you can only have a custom Gingerbread rom which is optimized to look like ICS or JellyBean. I can see only ICS rom as the latest one while for JB there are no updates available. It just has the theme while all other stuff remains the same. You can try finding more information on the same in on XDA. That is the best place to collect information on custom rom support.

Custom rom are only available for devices like Nexus, Galaxy S4, HTC One, etc. No lower end device will have any kind of support on the same. So just forget to go for a custom rom setup on this kind of old devices.