Thread: Not able to play Youtube videos above 240p on my Dell laptop

Not able to play Youtube videos above 240p on my Dell laptop

I need some help to fix a video streaming issue on my Dell laptop. I am having a Vostro series laptop. Now there is a problem whenever I try to play videos. First of all the video quality is really poor. Somehow if the video plays there is a problem with the resolution and it lags a lot. I think the flash player is updated and it is the latest one. But it is not working at all. My internet bandwidth is also good.

Re: Not able to play Youtube videos above 240p on my Dell laptop

Try to remove the existing flash player and install it back. YouTube completely relies on flash updates to run the videos. You can go in Control Panel and there you can click on Uninstall Program. From there remove it and add the new version back.

Sometime it happens due to buggy flash update you get this kind of issue. It is necessary that you must simply go ahead with a older version if the newer one does not work. Now there are ample of website which offers you a older version of flash for download. The second thing you can do is checkout video streaming in set of different browsers. Like Chrome or Opera or Firefox. Even check in Internet Explorer. If issue is common in everything then somehow your pc video memory is having some issue. I will recommend you to upgrade the same. I got the same kind of issue in Firefox long time before due to slow browser performance. There were certain set of add-ons which I had added on the browser due to which the performance is affected. It is essential that you must disable that everything if Firefox has a set of add-ons available on the same. You must try to re-install the browser also to fix the problem. Once you remove the browser all settings and old add-ons will be removed and wiped out.

Just re-install the browser. That might fix the issue. That is one of the best way to fix the issue. I think there is some issue with the web browser and re-installing that will fix the issue. Or switch some other browser.