Thread: Need Call Blocker for Samsung Windows Phone 7

Need Call Blocker for Samsung Windows Phone 7

I am a huge fan of Samsung devices. I am already having Samsung Focus which is a Windows Phone 7 and i bough this about a year ago. Now recently i bought two new devices which are Galaxy S3 and Galaxy Note 2. One interesting feature i found in both of these devices is the Call Blocker. It comes built-in and allows you to block calls easily. Now as Samsung Focus is as well samsung's product although it is Windows Phone, i tried searching the call block feature in Focus but didn't found it in the security or privacy settings.

I doubt if it is available or not in the Samsung Focus. Is there anyone using this model, can you please confirm if Focus comes with built-in call blocker? If yes, you do you use it? Many thanks for the help in advance. .

Re: Need Call Blocker for Samsung Windows Phone 7

I dont think there is any built-in feature provided in Windows Phone 7 running smartphones. Neither there is any 3rd party applications for blocking calls and SMSes. The devices like Galaxy S3 and Galaxy Note 2 you talking about are running on Android and they come with built-in call blocker. Also there are several third party apps for the same in Android. Microsoft must take it under consideration.

Hi Moli, from Microsoft's end, neither there is any application that allows call blocking nor there is any built-in feature from WP7 OS. However, as Samsung provide this functionality in their Android based phones, i guess they should have also made similar application for Windows Phones as well.

You should better check out their own Store which is known as Samsung Zone. See if they have any call blocker in Windows Phone section.

Even I am Windows Phone 7 user, have already checked the store but didn’t found any such application. I even found several people requesting for the same to Microsoft but I don’t know why they are not able to implement it. Lets hope they bring this feature or atleast any 3rd party app with further OS updates.