Thread: Samsung Focus Update error code 80180048

Samsung Focus Update error code 80180048

I am having a Samsung Focus phone running on Windows Phone 7. As you guys know this is a very old phone and still running with the same default operating system with which it came out of the box. As i read somewhere there are new updates available for Windows Phone 7, i tried to update my Samsung Focus but it ended up with an error message saying Error code 80180048.

No matter what i do, whatever i try, the error just wont go away. I hope somebody of you here can help me out to get rid of this error. Also i wanted to know if there is any way we can get Windows Phone 8 running on this model?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Samsung Focus Update error code 80180048

Well i started using Windows Phone directly with Lumia 920 which is windows phone 8, hence i dont have any personal experience with Windows Phone 7 but while searching for this error code, i found a guy saying that there is a problem with Windows Phone 7.8 update which results in that error code. he added that officials are working to fix it, hopefully it should be done soon. So what i can suggest you is try checking back in next few days.

Hello Indradeo, first of all let me tell you that the Error code mentioned above is not just with your specific model but with all devices from all brands running on WP 7 including HTC, Samsung, and even with Lumia 800. So most probably this is the problem with firmware itself and not with your phone.

The best thing you can do as of now is better go visit your nearest Samsung Service center and tell them to Flash the latest update manually. They will do it for you.

I had the same problem with one of my WP7 device. Tried fixing the error message for long days but no success. Finally I got a small utility that helped to get rid of the same. Actually the error belongs to your PC itself, not with the firmware. Here is what you need to do.
    • First of all download this small tool for your 32bit system or 64 bit system
    • Launch Zune and connect it with your Phone.
    • Once connected, go to Task Manager and kill the zune.exe process
    • Now in the downloaded tool, you will find a file named WPST.exe. Double click and run the same.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions properly.
    • Once the process is completed, launch Zune again and try updating your Phone’s firmware update.

Hopefully it should work. If it wont work, try starting the process again.

Thanks a lot for the help buddy. Now that was something useful . I followed the procedure and that really helped me to get rid of the error message. Help appreciated.