Thread: Leaked Amber Update now available for Lumia 920 and Lumia 820

Leaked Amber Update now available for Lumia 920 and Lumia 820

Its been a long time for Lumia 920 and 820 users to get any update on their devices. Even i am one of them, having 920. Fed up with the same features and User interface. Also there were some rumors since past few onths that Microsoft is working on new Amber update for Lumia devices. Last week i heard that MS is almost ready and will release the update soon.

But here is a good news, though the update is yet not released for any Lumia devices, but it somehow got leaked from Nokia Servers before the official launch. However this cannot be leeched through OTA or PC suites. If you want you need to download it on your computer and then flash on your phone. But i will suggest better wait for some more days like i am still waiting, and get the officially released firmware for our phones.

Re: Leaked Amber Update now available for Lumia 920 and Lumia 820

Yeah, i even saw a video on YouTube showing the performance on new AMber Update on Lumia 920. The new firmware seems amazing. It has improved the performance to extreme level with some new features as well. I think you guys also should check out the video with Lumia 920 running Amber.

That’s really a good news but as Galimberti mentioned in the last line, it is good to wait until Nokia rolls out the update officially for the specific model numbers because most of the times while flashing phones manually, if you make a small mistake, it may brick the entire phone system which is not the case while doing it with PC Suite or over OTA. Also there would be some reason why Nokia has still kept it on their server and not releasing. Might be they are still working on it to make it much better to fix the compatibility problems.

Quote Originally Posted by orlando View Post
    It has improved the performance to extreme level with some new features as well.
    Hello Orlando, even I am a windows phone user. Can you please let me know what all new features we are getting with this new Amber update?

Well I have also provided the Video URL. You should have watched the same for the complete details. Anyways, here are the major new features which has been embedded with WP8 Amber update:
    • Data Sense
    • FM Radio
    • Glance Screen
    • Flip to silence
    • Smart camera

I read about his Firmware leak at many places but can anyone please tell me from where can we download the same? I want to test it out on my lumia 820 because there is yet no confirm date when Nokia is going to roll it out officially. Also I have seen that video and I don’t think installing the same manually can create any problem.

Somebody please let me know from where to download the Amber Firmware for Lumia 820

I don’t have Lumia or any other Windows Phone but as I just wanted to help you out, did a search and found a website having the download links. It is a polish website and appears like it is the only one site having the URL for leaked firmware. If you want you can check out at windowsmania dot pl.