Thread: Android 4.2.2 update for Sony Xperia Tablet Z

Android 4.2.2 update for Sony Xperia Tablet Z

Hi,

I am having a Xperia Tablet Z, bought it last month. It came by default with Android 4.1.2. I dont have any problem with the performance of this tablet, infact i must say this is one of the best devices from Sony i have used. Today somewhere i heard that Sony has started rolling out Android 4.2.2 update for Xperia Z Tablets. So here is the confusion for me:

1st: So far i haven't seen any notification about the update so fat on my tablet's update center. Neither is in Sony PC Companion.
    2nd: Two days ago i had received the following update (see image below) and after installing the same, still my device shows Android 4.1.

So my question, which update was that? If that was not for 4.2, then why haven't i received the update so far?

Re: Android 4.2.2 update for Sony Xperia Tablet Z

Quote Originally Posted by Chaturaanan View Post
    1st: So far i haven't seen any notification about the update so fat on my tablet's update center. Neither is in Sony PC Companion.
    2nd: Two days ago i had received the following update (see image below) and after installing the same, still my device shows Android 4.1.
    First, whenever a manufacturer starts rolling out the update, they roll it region by region. From which country you are? The new 4.2 update may take some more days to reach your location. keep patience.

Secondly, The update image you have attached above is not the one for 4.2. It contains just bug fixes and performance improvement. Hence it is still showing you 4.1. Even i am having Xperia Tablet Z and i live in india. Even i didn't received the new 4.2 update but will get it soon.