Thread: Track lost phones with official "Android Device Manager" app

Track lost phones with official "Android Device Manager" app

Google keeps working to offer better security to all their customers whether it is web based services or Android. Though there are several third party application which allows you track your lost phones, Google today announced the launch of an official phone tracking application named as "Android Device Manager". Wondering what makes it different from all those Phone tracker apps? Well you can now see real time movement of your device on Google Maps.

Furthermore you can also ring your device at its loud volume and the thief will not be able to make it silent. There are much more stuff to do with this Android Device Manager app.

Re: Track lost phones with official "Android Device Manager" app

Thats a good news for Android users. So far i was using a costly Norton 360 Mobile suite that allows you track, wipe, buzz your smartphones or tablets anytime anywhere through its internet control panel. But if Google is going to offer the same all things with real time maps, why will anyone waste their money on Norton or any other third party tool.

Can anyone please tell me when this "Android Device Manager" is going to be released? If it is coming soon in near future then i will not renew my My Norton subscription as it is going to end in September 1st week.

Re: Track lost phones with official "Android Device Manager" app

Today finally Google launched the Device Manager website that can be access from this URL, or from the Play Store Settings. The website allows you wipe your data, or Ring the phone easily in just one click. You can also locate your device on real time Map. Have look how it looks:

This is one of the best security service launched by Google for free.