Thread: What is the cost of Android PC

What is the cost of Android PC

I had seen some tiny models which are like Android Mini PC. I am looking for a budget mini pc on which I can run all android games. But I am not able to find any budget model. I had seen some usb based portable mini pc in the market that looks a bit dull in usage. Are they capable of playing all kind of android games. Yet I had not seen any Android based netbooks in the market.

Re: What is the cost of Android PC

There are some models available by Acer. Some netbook under this model offers you a budget dual boot system with Android Gingerbread and Windows XP. The output is not really great but enough to enjoy the interface of Android on a pc.

Android is basically designed for portable devices. So porting them on a pc environment is complicated. There are issues associated with drivers and many stuff. Rightnow there are some portable system but they can just give you features of android. You cannot play games or go with any additional stuff. Also there are ample of emulators apps available that can still help you to run android on your regular desktop. Androidx86 can help you here. If you just want to test then you can download the most latest version of Android OS from this website. I think the last one which I saw was Android 4.0. Now this one works really fine on a pc. But you cannot use internet on the same. All you can do is use the internal files on it. Some pre-installed applications help you to checkout the storage and text files. You can also play videos on it. Rightnow it is not worth to spend on Android. Because they are not so featured. I had seen certain devices like SmartTV or DVD players which are coming on android platform. Some monitors are also equipped with the same. I hope in future we can get some more reasonable models.

Acer is planing to give you some android pc. But there is no confirmation available on the same. Android pc can be only used for multimedia purpose. That is for htpc kind of stuff.

Gateway N3-220 is a model by Acer which will be running on android. Manufacturers are developing a hybrid product which runs on android offering you a touchscreen support also. So that you can play games on it. Now the issue lies with motion sensing. Instead of getting a android pc, get a big size tablet. That is more than enough I think. A android tablet gives you nice widescreen support with all loaded features. You can directly download games from it via Google Play. There are some third party mini pc also available in the market. You can use them on your TV set to get android features and some of them are optimized to run on wifi also. But they are costly and they lack good hardware config. The internal storage is also limited. Just go on web and you can find a set of different models that offer you mini pc support with loaded android on it.