Thread: What is new in Blackberry's maintenance update for OS 10.1

What is new in Blackberry's maintenance update for OS 10.1

Hi, i am a Blackberry Z10 user. I was just browsing the web and found a news saying Blackberry has started rolling out a new firmware update called something 'Maintenance Update'. However i haven't received any such notification so far on my Z10. But as the name sounds bit weird to me (Maintenance), can anyone please tell me what is it all about? I mean why they have named it as 'Maintenance' update?

Is it going to do some kind of maintenance work on the blackberry 10 based devices? Also let me know what are the new stuffs we get with the same? Many thanks.

Re: What is new in Blackberry's maintenance update for OS 10.1

Most of the manufacturer have now started naming their updates to something unique in order to make it more interesting just like LG did recently for its smartphones. So by telling Maintenance, blackberry just tried to give a rough thought about the update, as this update fixes several bugs and error messages that we have been facing so fat on Z10 and Q10. You dont need to worry more about the same.

As far as new features are concerned, well Blackberry has provided a really long list of improvements and new features but the mojor ones of them are such as now you can navigate to previous or new messages directly from the notification bar. You can do this by simply waiving your hand over the screen. yes it is a gesture support. They have also embedded some new keyboard shortcuts, for example, by pressing U, you will be taken directly to last unread message in blackberry hub.

There are many more features provided in this new update. If you have received the update notification, simply install it. Its worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Character View Post
    There are many more features provided in this new update. If you have received the update notification, simply install it. Its worth.
    Hello Character, even i am using BlackBerry Q10 and i haven't received the update yet. That is not the concern i am here because i know sooner or later i will receive the update to my phone. I am here to ask can you please provide me the complete list of new features and improvements done in this new update?

Many thanks.

Well the list is huge and it will take long time to write. Hence I, attaching the screenshot of the list of new features in BB Maintenance Update. Have a look: