Thread: Budget portable hard drive with wifi support

Budget portable hard drive with wifi support

Where to get a beget external hard drive with wifi support. I had seen certain models which are too costly. I do not really want to spend that much. I just want to share some file instantly with my friends on their phone. Now I cannot carry those in the smartphone. So I can simply carry them in a portable hard drive, and share it quietly with others.

Re: Budget portable hard drive with wifi support

If you go with wifi support then surely you will need to pay more. There are some models available. But you will not get enough space. Like you can go for a portable 16GB or 32GB drive with wifi then you might have to pay less.

I will not recommend you to go for a cheaper model. Get the one that you can use for long time. Kingston Wii Drive comes in 16GB and 32GB variation which is not really worth. Now there are some high space drive available which are around 500GB to 1TB in size. And it is really worth to buy. Seagate Wireless Plus is one of the best choice here according to me. You can keep the wifi on and then ask your friends to connect to the drive through your mobile phone. Keep a password on your choice. The drive is portable in size with simple to use options. I had tested this drive. With wifi support you might need to pay more but you have option to get a nice storage option where you can copy all your files. GoFlex Satellite also comes in the same series. It is handy drive for multimedia experience but a bit thicker in size. So just go on web and checkout some models. It will help you go with simple comparison and you can choose the one fits your need.

I purchased a 32GB usb 3.0 pen drive. Which is cool enough for day to day usage. The drive gives good transfer speed for hd videos and works really well. I think this will be more better alternative compare to a portable hard drive.

There is one thing you can do. Get a good USB 3.0 drive with highest space. Some manufacturer are also settings a 64GB variation in the market. You can get upto 32gb instantly. Now if you have a mobile or tablet then through otg cable you can share the files of your pen drive with others. Samsung devices are much more better in sharing files. You just need to install some set of file sharing applications and done. All content will be accessible. This is money saver also. Whichever drive you will buy is costly. So it is necessary that you got with proper choice. Now my tablet has a 16Gb internal storage and I had added a 16GB MicroSD on it also. That makes it 32GB total space which is quiet enough for sharing files instantly.