Thread: Can I play high games on Lenovo IdeaPad Z500

Can I play high games on Lenovo IdeaPad Z500

I saw Lenovo IdeaPad Z500 in a nearby shop. My dad is going to buy a new laptop. So I thought to recommend a good one which can be great for gaming also. Here Lenovo IdeaPad Z500 is a touchscreen laptop. I tested the same for some time and the performance here is quiet impressive. Now just want to know whether I can play games on it or not. I am talking about all latest game.

Re: Can I play high games on Lenovo IdeaPad Z500

Lenovo IdeaPad Z500 is not a gaming laptop. It is good for business usage. It has great look and good hardware configuration. You cannot play really high end games on that. For that you will need to checkout some other models.

That is right. For gaming you will need a laptop with dedicated video memory. Which is a graphic card. If there is no video memory available then gaming will go well. The model which you had mentioned comes in two variation. One has Intel Core i5 processor and other one has Intel Core i3. While ram lies around 4GB. For graphics both models comes with integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000 gpu. This is simply a entry level graphic card which can allow you to enjoy entry level games. You can't play high end games under any condition. And there are not chances of upgrade also. I had seen some models under Dell which comes with gpu choice under touchscreen series. You can go on its official website and find out. I do not really recommend laptop for games. It is better to buy a full fledge desktop with great hardware configuration. Lenovo IdeaPad Z500 is a trendy touchscreen system which is really great and has nice look also. For day to day work purpose this one is really awesome. The integrated graphics here can offer you around 512mb of video memory which is not so great for gaming.

If you go for gaming series then you will need to pay more. I found Lenovo IdeaPad Z500 a good buget touchscreen laptop available right-now. And if you go for gaming then there is no guarantee that you will get a touchscreen on that.

I can list you some gaming laptop which also features touchscreen. But if you ignore that then you can save lot of money. Still we will checkout only those models which has touchscreen and are powered by Windows 8.Asus Q550LF-BBI7T07 is a nice gaming laptop which comes with 2GB dedicated graphics. So the output here is more better. While on the other hand Toshiba Qosmio X875 is another good model which has a more bigger screen size and offers good gaming output. Being a 17inch laptop you have a wider screen to work on. Ideapad Y500 comes under gaming but remains at the entry level point. It is not really a very high end system. And if you are ready to ignore the touchscreen part here then there are ample of great models available under Samsung, Dell and Toshiba. I think they comes at half the price of touchsrceen gaming systems. You can go on any online website and find out a full list of all gaming systems only which are currently available in the market.