Thread: Restrict application usage or internet on a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2

Restrict application usage or internet on a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2

I am looking for some application or mode for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 by which I can simply restrict access. I am having some applications which had my personal details. Like mail and facebook app. Now whenever my friends took the tab they just tap on it and mess with the account. I want some options here through which I can password lock them. And the same thing can also block internet usage.

Re: Restrict application usage or internet on a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2

Galaxy Tab itself has a feature through which you can hide a application. For that go in the application menu and the top right you can see a menu. Tap on that and go to bottom to select hide application. Tick on the apps which you want hide. And done your apps will be not visible in the menu.

Only Android JellyBean 4.3 is having a internal feature of creating different user account. From the settings menu itself you can create a different set of accounts. This adds more to privacy. But in the older version were are not really having any integrated application to restrict access. But you can download some parental control apps that will do the job. Google Play is loaded with this kind of apps. You will need to use different apps for restricting access to apps and internet. The one which I found easy is Android Parental Control. Now it is a password locked application. So once configured no one can modify the settings. It has a restriction feature. In the menu you can find all applications installed in the device. You will just need to tick on that. Once ticked the app will not be accessible when the application is active. Even if someone reboot your device the app will relaunch. It is not really advance but enough to restrict app usage. You can just block those apps which you do not want anyone to access.

There are ample of apps on Google Play. But they are not effective according to me. It is much better if we get Jellybean 4.3 update for the Galaxy Tab 2. I am just waiting for that. There is no confirmed news available on the same.

For hiding I can list you some application which are really helpful. Hide It Pro is one of them. This app comes with simple to use features to hide a application and it works really fine. I use this on my tablet pc. I am not having any internal option available for hiding a application. So I use this. For restricting app usage, third party apps are the only options. It is right that when you give your tablet or smartphone to other person your privacy is affected. Parental Control or Kids Guard type of applications are the only solution available here to restrict unwanted access to the internal apps. It also prevent people from modifying the settings. Parental Control Board is another simple to use application which might help you in dealing with the problem. Just type Parental Control is in the search box of Google Play. You will surely get ample of applications. You can choose the best one on the basis of features.