Thread: Google Play store error no 495 on Note 2

Google Play store error no 495 on Note 2

This is Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using since past 8 months. Never had any problem. Last i received update on this phone was about 2 months ago when i updated it to Android 4.1.2 official firmware update. The phone is still unrooted, running on stock ROM. I use it on WiFi (Office and Home network).

Its been about a week now i am getting some problems with the store. I mean, i can open the store, browse through Apps and Games, but neither download them nor can update the apps? I am sure internet is working fine because as i said i can browse the store, open web sites and do everything except downloading apps from Google Play.

Whenever i try to download anything, it ends up with an error message saying "error no 495". What is meant by this? What happened wrong suddenly with my phone?

Re: Google Play store error no 495 on Note 2

Just try this out:
    • Go to Settings > Accounts > your Google account.
    • Delete the same.
    • Tap Add Account and the same account credentials again.
    • Restart the Phone.
    • First open GTalk and sign in.
    • Now open Google Play store and try downloading.

It should work fine. Let me know the results.

That didn’t helped me at all. Still I get the same error message whenever I try to download anything from Play store. However installing directly the apk files works fine. So one thing is for sure that the problem is not with my phone with the Google Play application itself.

Is there any way we can re-install Google Play Store itself? I think that will fix the problem. Any idea?

Actually a simple factory reset will 100% fix this problem in minutes but that is obviously not the preferred solution. You have a fully working solution but keep it for last because it removes all your settings, apps, data etc and you need to do the configuration again.

Here are some more reasons which results in error. Hence lets fix it out. Go to Settings on your phone, click Apps > All > Google Play Store, clear Cahce. Now go to settings > apps > all > download manager and clear data. Also if possible remove all updates to Google Play and restart the phone. It should work fine.

If still it wont work, then you know what need to be done 

Thank you very much for the help Maq. Fortunately I hadn’t needed to reset to factory defaults. Clearing the cache and Download manager data fixed the problem. Keep it up.