Thread: Adata DashDrive Air AE400 great portable hard drive with unique features

Adata DashDrive Air AE400 great portable hard drive with unique features

I found Adata DashDrive at a local shop which I purchased. I just made this thread to share my experience with others about the drive. It is extremely cool drive with great features. It has good storage output and some additional stuff also. This drive has a wifi connection along with memory card reader. I think this is one of the best deal I did yet so far. I can simply stream the content of this drive on my smartphone.

Re: Adata DashDrive Air AE400 great portable hard drive with unique features

Don't you think the drive is costly. ADATA is asking too much for a portable hard drive. Now there are some other brands also which offer similar hard drive with similar kind of features.

Adata DashDrive Air AE400 might be costly but rich in features. Because here you get a integrated card reader and wifi device. The best thing about this drive is the integrated 5000mAh battery which helps you to charge your phone when needed. All this features makes this drive one of the best in the market. But such drives works through a application only. When you turn the wifi on you will need to connect your device to the drive and then use the app to stream content. So that makes it limited to use. But still it is effective. I am looking for a drive that can have some kind of plug and play feature. When I turn it on it must be visible in the phone storage section through wifi. I think this feature is not yet invented for android phone. But if they then this will be one of the best way to have a shared storage on portable devices. After seeing this thread I went on web to find out more similar drives. Whatever I found were traditional hard drive with simple storage and features. None of them were having charging capability.

It is not easy to find which hard drive will be the best one. There can be complications to find the right one. But as per the features of ADATA I think this is the best one. No drive available on web can offer you charging feature.

All in all you are paying for a portable charger, memory card reader, and wifi connection storage. While there are some similar models available under Seagate which offers you a wifi drive under the Satellite series. They are just kind of drives which offer connectivity only. But good enough for video streaming. Somehow this drives are good enough to give you a portable solution for media sharing. After checking out features of Adata DashDrive Air AE400 it looks portable external hard drive are expanding their area more other than storage. Now there is only single model available under the wireless series. I think this would be the best one. I did a bit hurry in buying a drive where I ordered Seagate Satellite hard drive. I hope this would be worth enough for sharing content over different devices like a smartphone or a tablet pc.