Thread: Pen drives that can offer around 100mb's of transfer speed

Pen drives that can offer around 100mb's of transfer speed

I need a thumb drive or a external hard drive which is capable of giving me 100mb/sec transfer speed. The issue lies with data backup here. I get very less time to copy my files and my current usb is 32GB offering a speed less than 4mb/sec. I am unable to find any solution for the same. Can anyone help me to find a good pen drive which can give me good high speed data transfer rate.

Re: Pen drives that can offer around 100mb's of transfer speed

What I know that usb 2.0 can offer you maximum of 10mb/sec of transfer speed. That is quiet more than enough. If you want more then you will need to find something under USB 3.0.

USB 3.0 are the only drives that can give you that much amount of data transfer speed. But for using them you will need to use them on usb 3.0 interface/ports only. You cannot use them on older usb ports. The transfer speed will be affected giving you poor data speed. There are hundreds of brand available offering you high speed usb 3.0 drives. It is essential that you must simply go for the best one. I will recommend you to stuck with ADATA. They offer a good amount usb drives that works really with data transfer. USb 3.0 pen drive are capable of giving you around 200mb/sec of data speed if connected on the right interface. Almost all pen drive comes with backward compatibility. I searched on web and found that SanDisk Extreme is best among all. It is having a great amount of data read and write speed giving a much better output for large size data. Under this series you can choose from different models. It comes upto 64gb and is capable of providing you upto 190mb/sec of data transfer speed. I think this would be simply great for you.

Go for any usb 3.0 device and you will surely get a better data transfer speed. On usb 2.0 interface also they can give you upto 20 to 30mb/sec of data speed. I think this is quiet more than enough.

There are tons of drives. But the issue lies with old usb 2.0 interface. I am having a 500GB usb 3.0 hard drive with me. It works fine, but it is slow on old interface. But on new it goes to 40mb/sec easily. File transfer is extremely fast if you are transferring data between usb 3.0 to usb 3.0. Lexar JumpDrive Triton is one of the fastest usb drive I had seen. My friend has one. It works constant on 155mb/sec for file transfer where a 1GB file is just transferred within a minute. A 64gb version of this pen drive comes for $194.99. It is costly but really effective in usage. The drive works well with all kind of system and has great data transfer speed. I am going to buy this out soon. I do not trust other brand because I had seen the transfer speed of Lexar.