Thread: Reasonable Macro lens for capturing clear image of tiny plants

Reasonable Macro lens for capturing clear image of tiny plants

Which lenses will be good for Macro photography. I got a new DSLR camera. It has a single standard lens which looks to be ideal for portrait shorts. But for macro I do not thin it is great enough. The adjustment here takes a long time and also the output is slower. I had seen people using specially designed Macro lenses which offer more clear zoom in stuff for getting the right picture. I m having a project of capturing photos of tiny plants.The zoom quality looks great, but somehow I am not getting the clear view here.

Re: Reasonable Macro lens for capturing clear image of tiny plants

There are different kind of lenses available. Some are standards will some are specialized which are really costly. Like Sigma 70-300mm F4-5.6 APO DG Macro that comes for Rs.12,000. Now depending on your need y0u can choose the one.

Before buying a lens you will need to understand which one to go for. You need a lens for macro photography so spending on costly lens is waste of money. Many lenses comes with a special device called as tele-convertor. So here you can buy a standard lens along with tele-convertor to get more mm on the lens. Here for macro photography the focal length matters a lot. Without that you cannot get the kind of picture you are expecting. Now different lens comes with different specification. The one which is suggested above is 70-300mm lens. It is a great lens offer you a good focal length at a very reasonable price. But if you are having a standard lens rightnow using a tele-convertor you can simply increased the focal length to more extent. Tele-convertor is a costly device but worth to buy for advance photography. The cheapest one comes for Rs.10,000 available on online websites. While Canon Extender comes for Rs.32000. So do one thing first. Go to any camera shop in your area and just checkout different models and lenses. Get a bit understanding about the lens specs and then buy one.

Teleconvertor will be complicated for you to understand if you are amateur photographer. Better get a new lens ask the shop guy to give you specific lens for kind of photography and then will refer you a proper model.

Before buying a lens you will also need to checkout your camera specs. You will have to find whether the lens is compatible with your device or not. Or else your investment might be wasted. Now you can go on any popular online website and checkout a full list of lenses available in the market. Here the lens mm define the distance from where you can take the right picture. Higher mm means you can take picture from longer distance. A lens of 300 mm can allow you to capture good nearly photos from a distance of 4 to 5 feet. The magnification also changes here. The second important thing lies is the F settings. Which is object focus. Low F settings give you more focus object with blurry background

You will need to get use to the focal length thing. Because it is usually on assumption how you can get the right picture at right place. Try to move the camera front and back and see at what point you get the sharp images.

The best part of using DSLR is that you can see the output on the LCD screen itself. So that you can confirm whether to click photo or not. While in old models there was no such things. Those people were really professionals. In a high mm lens you get less black area and more detailed images. When you increase the F settings the background is also taken into the picture, and if you reduce the object in the image gets more crispier. In terms often you can go with a high mm lens at single time so that image capture can be a easy cup of tea for you.