Thread: Toshiba working on 240 mb/s SD card for portable devices

Toshiba working on 240 mb/s SD card for portable devices

Toshiba has taken the title of providing fastest SD card in the market. They are working on some 240mb/s card which is really great for smartphones and tablet. The series is already announced. The Exceria Pro series by Toshiba which is range of SD Cards offer 240mb/s of maximum transfer rate. But is not yet released in the market. I hope this would come at a really cost effective price.

Re: Toshiba working on 240 mb/s SD card for portable devices

That is simply amazing. For a memory card this is a really high speed card that can process hd videos and movies instantly.But for that you will also need that kind of device which can process data at that much speed.

It might be a really costly card. It is great for dslr camera. When you buy card in the market you can see a set of different classes. This classes also changes on the basis of specification. Compare to a regular SD card, high speed are more faster in terms of usage. Like if you are capturing a picture at the highest megapixel, a low card there can take time and slow down your work. While if you go with a high speed card, all photos are instantly captured consuming less time in image processing. The only benefit of having a high speed card is that it will not slow down your camera work. It will work really great and you can instantly capture hd photos in short time interval. Another important thing which you will need to check is that your camera must be compatible the type of card. Or else if you buy it and your camera does not supports, it will be a waste of money.

That is correct. I just wasted a good amount in the same thing. I was out on a vacation where I purchased a 64gb card which is not working in my camera. Later on I found the issue was with my camera compatibility.

The EXCERIA series by Toshiba is really great. It is right that the camera or any device on which you are going to use the card must be compatible. Here I can explain how this cards can be beneficial.In my smartphone I am using a regular 8GB card. I had loaded around 4GB of hd videos. When I open that section, the phone takes sometime to display all content. This is because of slow read speed. The card which I am using offers around 5 to 10mb/s of read speed. It can be even lower. So to run a 4GB of data you need a card that can gives you much higher read and write speed. At the same time if you capture a hd video from high end camera, slow card and can slow down the photography process.

That is for future. The card model is not really confirmed. I am using a 16GB card from long time and I think the performance is simply great here. It is not bad at all.

Somehow it is complicated to locate the right sd card. Because we never checkout the specification or output of this kind of stuff. The storage part always falls back. For DSLR camera it is necessary to get a good card upgrade for better performance. Now if you go for a SD card which we used in smartphone they have limitation of 2GB usage. While SDHC which is widely used in cameras offer you upto 32gb storage. There is a different kind of specification available for other kind of cards based on the speed and output. Usually no one is really worry about the read and write speed.