Thread: How to disable Camera Gesture click in Iris 504Q

How to disable Camera Gesture click in Iris 504Q

Though Gestures support is one of the best smart features of device releasing now a days, it may appear annoying as well for you some time. Lava introduced gesture support for the first time with the release of Iris 504Q where you can change pictures, videos, tracks using the same. So far it sounds good but they have also provided feature of clicking images using gesture which is getting somehow annoying for me.

When i hold the phone in horizontal mode and launch camera application, the images start clicking because of my thumb moving on the top left sensor. It is obvious that your left thumb get in the way when you are adjusting the camera view or accessing the modes, but the phone doesn't understand this and keeps clicking images. Hence i want to turn off the gesture support in the phone but not able to get the options.

Can anyone please tell me how can you disable the gesture for Iris 504Q camera?

Re: How to disable Camera Gesture click in Iris 504Q

The option to disable Camera Gesture is provided under Settings > Accessibility. Here scroll at the bottom and uncheck the box for "Camera".

Check the screen shot below:

Hey guys, isn't there any way we can enable Gesture support for phone calls as well like Galaxy devices use to have. You can silent phones or carry out other tasks by simply waving your hand over the display? Is it possible in Iris 504Q?

Quote Originally Posted by SaSiL View Post
    Hey guys, isn't there any way we can enable Gesture support for phone calls as well like Galaxy devices use to have. You can silent phones or carry out other tasks by simply waving your hand over the display? Is it possible in Iris 504Q?
    Dude there are many manufacturers now a days who are introducing these gesture features in their Low Budget smartphones, like we recently saw with Canvas 4. This device has many more features what we have seen in Galaxy phones but remember, all these phone are not galaxy. So I think you should be happy with what you get in the price of 13 to 15 thousand. If you want all features like Galaxy, better buy S4 for 40K.

I too agree with you Angrzej. However as far as phone calls gestures are concerned, I think you can silent the incoming calls by simply putting the phone upwards down while ringing. This will silent the phone. There is nothing more you can do with sensors or gestures in Iris 504Q. Please don’t compare it with high end Galaxy phones, atleast not so early.