Thread: How to root Lava Iris 504Q

How to root Lava Iris 504Q

Hope you guys have seen the brand new Lava Iris 504Q, a powerful smartphone with gesture support. I bought this phone last week and very happy with its performance and new features. But there are some applications and games which are not getting installed on the device because they require root access and it is very important for me to install those apps. Hence i wanted to know if it is possible to Root Iris 504Q.

I have done rooting for several phones from Samsung, HTC, etc but this is my first device from Lava, hence dont have any idea about the same. Hope anyone of you guys can help me out with this. Thanks in advance.

Re: How to root Lava Iris 504Q

Yes, one of my friend is using the same, i must say this is the best device so far from Lava. For those who dont know can check also check the review of Iris 504Q here. Anyways, talking about its rooting, first of all i would suggest not to root the device so early, as it is a new phone and works good with its default ROMs and settings.

Still if you want to root, then there are few rooting guides available on web for other models of Lava like Iris 501 or 455. I think the rooting packages for the same should also work for this phone. However i am not very sure, and you would have to do it on your own. see if it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Yesenia View Post
    Still if you want to root, then there are few rooting guides available on web for other models of Lava like Iris 501 or 455. I think the rooting packages for the same should also work for this phone. However i am not very sure, and you would have to do it on your own. see if it helps.
    Hello Indradeo, Did you completed your rooting process with 504Q? Did you found any rooting package for the same? Please let me know as well, i am looking for the same.

Just follow these steps for rooting Lava Iris 504Q. Note that I am not responsible for anything goes wrong with the phone, do it on your own risk.
    • Before starting the process make sure that you have atleast 70% of the battery charged.
    • Download CWM Recovery http://www.4shared.com/file/X1vgQ3Nf...6015_iris.html from here
    • Download Super User file from here Superuser-3.1.3-arm-signed
    • Save both these files on your desktop, unzip them.
    • Now connect your phone to the computer using USB Cable.
    • Launch ODIN on your computer.
    • Shutdown the phone and enter in download mode.
    • Now flash the CWM file using Odin.
    • Once done, restart the phone move Super user file on the phone’s memory card.
    • Again shutdown the phone and enter in recovery mode.
    • Select install from SD Card, browse to the location where Super User is saved.
    • Select the same and install.

That’s it. Restart the phone and now it is rooted.

Thanks for the step by step process, Charmi. Though the process is not correctly mentioned, but I managed to do it successfully. Help appreciated.