Thread: How to import Blackberry and Micromax X78 contacts to a Android Phone

How to import Blackberry and Micromax X78 contacts to a Android Phone

I want some help to move all my contacts at one place. I am having around 2000 contacts in my Blackberry phone. And there is a old Micromax X78 mobile also available which has some really important contact. I purchased a new Android device and I want everything at one place. It will be time consuming to type each of them one by one in the new phone. Is there a instant way available to import it at once.

Re: How to import Blackberry and Micromax X78 contacts to a Android Phone

For Blackberry you can use the BlackBerry Desktop Software to backup the contacts. You can keep it safe in your desktop and later on you can copy that in your Android phone. That would be the be the best away.

I can help you to take backup from the Blackberry phone, but not sure about Micromax X78. You can try finding information on the same on web or on the official website. For Blackberry there are two ways to backup contact. First as mentioned above through BlackBerry Desktop Software. It is available for free download. Just install the software in your pc, connect the phone and click on Backup Now. The tool will import everything from your mobile and save it in the pc. This is relatively simple. Now there is one more way to transfer contact from your Blackberry phone to Android directly. All you have to do first is pair both the device. Turn bluetooth of both the devices and pair them. Then go in the Setup tab of Blackberry phone and go in Bluetooh section. In that select the paired android device. When you select it there will be a popup menu with different options. From that select Transfer Contacts. That's all. All contacts will be transferred to your android device. It will as vcf file under Bluetooth folder. Once it is transferred go in the Contacts or Phone book of your Android device and click on more options. In that you can click on Import and choose the appropriate location where all vcf files are stored.

The best thing you can do is download and install Youlu in your device. Sync all your contacts on Youlu.com. Wherever you install the app with your default logins all your contacts will be restored.

Micromax X78 is a outdated device which supports JAVA. My brother is having the same device. He brought the mobile to me to get all the contacts from it to his new android phone. Now this is a java based phone that has very few number of apps. Fortunately Micromax has added a internal support to backup all contacts at one place. For that go in the Phone book and select options. There you can see a Export tab. Select that and export all the contacts. Everything is saved in .csv file format. Which is readable in Excel. Now to get everything at one place the best thing you can do is upload those csv files on your Gmail contacts. And then add the same account in your android phone. Android phone will automatically sync and restore all contacts one by one.