Thread: Windows Phone 8 WhatsApp unable to attach recorded videos

Windows Phone 8 WhatsApp unable to attach recorded videos

Hi,

This is Nokia Lumia 620 running on WP8 as you all know. I started using WhatsApp on this phone about a week ago.

The problem i am facing is i can send Audio, images but the only videos that i captured directly from the WhatsApp application. But when i try to attach any already saved or recorded video on my phone, it wont attach. There is no error or nothing, it just do not attach the videos.

Is this just me or anyone else facing the same problem? Is there any fix for the same? Thanks in advance.

Re: Windows Phone 8 WhatsApp unable to attach recorded videos

Well the problem is just not with your 620 but almost all Windows Phone devices. Even i cannot attach any recoded video in my Lumia 720 through WhatsApp. It is probably some conflict between Microsoft and WhatsApp. We cannot do anything in that unless Microsoft of WhatsApp fixes this from their own side. What you can do as of now is wait until they update a new release.

Quote Originally Posted by Acacia View Post
    It is probably some conflict between Microsoft and WhatsApp. We cannot do anything in that unless Microsoft of WhatsApp fixes this from their own side.
    You are correct to some extent Acacia, actually the problem is also not from WhatsApp's end but from Microsoft itself. I did some research on this problem couple of months ago when i bought brand new Lumia 920 and was not able to attach videos except the one i capture directly from WhatsApp.

After trying everything i finally decided to contact developers in whatsapp, sent them a mail and received a reply after two days. They clearly mentioned that Windows Phone doesn't supports the attachment feature, they have made any such restrictions from their end in the Windows Phone version of WhatsApp.

Well I am an Android user and thankfully haven’t met with any such silly mistake. However when I tried to find out some info on the same, this is what I got one Windows Phone community:

“WhatsApp Team:
    Due to limitations of the Windows Phone system, it is not possible to send pre-recorded videos, audio or songs on Windows Phone at this time.”

Quote Originally Posted by Valdis View Post
    Due to limitations of the Windows Phone system, it is not possible to send pre-recorded videos, audio or songs on Windows Phone at this time.”
    This is ridiculous. I mean, whatsapp is available for almost all mobile platforms but none of them have such problem. WP is such a huge platform and they cannot fix such small problem. Quite surprising and disappointing. Hope Microsoft is aware of this.

Microsoft does not allow developer apps to access such media content as per their security model.
    Until Microsoft does that, there is nothing that what's app team can do
    Microsoft has got a lot of things wrong with windows phone. Another huge problem people face is the language support.