Thread: Antivirus on android affects the device performance

Antivirus on android affects the device performance

There was lot of buzz around regarding virus issue in android phone. So I installed a antivirus on the device. But after that the device is just working extremely slow. It is not giving out proper output and I am not able to do regular task. I had installed a task manager application which is also extremely slow. So should I remove the antivirus. Will that be fine?

Re: Antivirus on android affects the device performance

Which antivirus you are using. Some free antivirus available on Google Play are quiet heavy for the phone. It consume a good amount of system ram causing slow performance. Try some other. But atleast one security tool in your system.

I had gone with the same issue on my Samsung Galaxy Tab. I installed Norton on that. I had purchased a pack of Norton 360 premiere. Which also provided me a android app. It offers some tracking features and locking feature. But somehow it makes the device bit slow. I had seen the performance is affected. I am still using it due to security reasons. If you remove all theming stuff and keep the device free from unwanted updates/apps then you might be able to use any kind of antivirus. In devices which has around 1GB of ram and good processor the performance is fine. It is not affected. It remains reasonable to some extent. But on devices where you get only 512MB of ram the output is very poor. You must not use any antivirus or any app that remains loaded in the memory.You can keep your device safe through various practices.

There are ample of lightweight antivirus available in the market. One among them is TrustGo Antivirus. This is a lightweight antivirus according to me which will be really helpful. Try this out. I think this would help.

If you think one antivirus is affecting your performance then you can switch to some other. That is one of the best way to fix performance issue. Google Play is usually flooded with different antivirus. You just have to choose the best one among all. I am using mobile edition of AVG antivirus which really works fine and has no issue. While there are more powerful antivirus available like Webroot, GData, Bitdefender, Dr.Web, etc. Just keep on trying some free antivirus unless you get a really simple and secure solution. One which can be light on your device.