Thread: Unable to install games on HTC 8S, error "You've reached the storage limit on your phone."

Unable to install games on HTC 8S, error "You've reached the storage limit on your phone."

Hi,

i have a HTC 8S Windows phone since past 3 weeks. Have installed few apps and small games on the phone and they work fine. As i know the built-in storage of this phone is just 4GB, i expanded it using MicroSD card of 32GB and all my multimedia files and other documents are stored on the same.

Now the problem i am facing is when i try to install high game like Nova 3 on this phone, it wont install and gives me an error message saying "You've reached the storage limit on your phone. Please clear some space, then try again."

This is annoying because so far i have downloaded only 8 apps and games in total from store, does it takes my all 4GB storage? Also i have over 20GB space left on my SD card, then why it cannot install the game? Any suggestion?

Re: Unable to install games on HTC 8S, error "You've reached the storage limit on your phone."

Quote Originally Posted by virtues View Post
    This is annoying because so far i have downloaded only 8 apps and games in total from store, does it takes my all 4GB storage? Also i have over 20GB space left on my SD card, then why it cannot install the game?
    Hello virtues, you should get complete information about the devices before buying the same. You read that HTC 8S has built-in 4Gb memory, but for your information, out of those 4GB only 1.3GB is available for users access and rest 2.7 is already used by the system. So if you have installed 8 to 10 apps already it might have taken almost 400 to 500 MB.

As far as Nova is concerned, it is huge game and requires over 1GB of space for storing App Data which is not available on your phone. Hence the error occurs and you cannot do anything about that.

Re: Unable to install games on HTC 8S, error "You've reached the storage limit on your phone."

Ok, I wasn’t aware of the same. That is really sad to hear that I have only 1.3Gb built-in space. Anyways, as I said I have external 32GB memory, why not this installation can be moved it SD Card? The phone can use the memory card for installing the game, right?

Anyways, as I said I have external 32GB memory, why not this installation can be moved it SD Card? The phone can use the memory card for installing the game, right?
    Nope, HTC 8S wont support SD card for installing apps, neither there is any way to move the installed applications from phone to memory.

Now the problem i am facing is when i try to install high game like Nova 3 on this phone, it wont install and gives me an error message saying "You've reached the storage limit on your phone. Please clear some space, then try again."
    By the way, can you anyone please tell me how he got the NOVA to be installed on HTC 8S? I have the same phone and you all might be knowing it has 1GHz processor with just 512MB of RAM, when I open store on my mobile and search for this game, Nova wont show up anywhere. Which means the game is not compatible, right? Then how did you managed to even start the download?

Wow, first of all the OP is trying to download the game which has been already approved as “non compatible” with HTC 8S, and he comes here to ask the question why is he getting the error message.