Thread: Where to find a usb drive with powerful encryption feature

Where to find a usb drive with powerful encryption feature

How to find a usb that comes with powerful encryption. The one that I can saw online are regular one. I also tried to use a encryption software on my existing 16GB sand disk usb. But that is useless. Because on every system I have to install the encryption software and unlock it. I want something that has powerful data encryption that I can carry the same with me wherever I want. Some kind of inbuilt utility.

Re: Where to find a usb drive with powerful encryption feature

There are ample of them available. Just look for usb with password protection. Many usb comes with a separate chip that holds the encryption software. It locks the usb and protect your data from getting lost.

Kingston is having a good series of password protected usb. There is no need to install any third party software in the same. There are around 7 different models available which can give you different security level. Among which Data Traveler 5000 and 6000 series is the most powerful one. The 5000 series offers you FIPS 140-2 Level 2 Military-Grade Encryption while the 6000 series offer you Level 3 protection. So depending on your need you can buy. They are highly secure pen drive which works really fine in giving you great protection. The data is completely protected and no one can get it easily. Along with good encryption it also gives you a rugged body. Which makes it more powerful You can use upto 128 characters of password in the pen drive making it extremely powerful to crack. The drive also comes loaded with 256-bit Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) hardware-based encryption. So if you are seriously looking for a pen drive which is secure and tough then go for the 6000 series. That would be best I think. The drive offers you a loaded software that is easy to customize as per your need. It is waterproof and offers 5 years warranty. Just try to find the model price in your area for more details.

TrueCrypt is a tiny tool that can help you to create a encrypted drives. It is easy and simple to use. You just have to create a volume and add encryption that is more than enough. The drive is completely protected.

Many usb manufacturer offers you a different model of pen drive which comes with encryption support. It is easy to operate and has ample of features to keep your data safe. But there is a risk in using such drives. If you forget the password then you cannot restore it. Imation Defender F200 is one of the powerful ush drive. Which is great and cool enough to keep you powerful encryption option. The drive offers you a standard read and write speed. Which is around 8mbps. Many usb drives commonly comes with 256-bit AES hardware encryption. It is essential that you must check properly whether a drive is giving you hardware encryption or not. In hardware encryption a usb comes with integrated controller chip which manages the encryption. It is not easy to unlock it. While on software level it is easy to use in on different platforms. Hardware encryption is also used on hard drives. It is very hard to pull data from this kind of storage solution.