Thread: FTP application for Android tablet for file transfer

FTP application for Android tablet for file transfer

Is there a good FTP application available that can help me to instantly transfer data from my tablet to my pc over wifi. I lost the cable of my tablet. And I have to urgently transfer some files. I am also looking for an app that can help me to send large files to another android devices instantly via wifi or Bluetooth. Some NFC kind of features. Some apps which I found are really complicated to use. I cannot get a reasonable solution that is effective and easy to use.

Re: FTP application for Android tablet for file transfer

There is one app which I know is really effective. It is called as eShare. The app offers you transfer data from your phone to pc via simple ftp url. It is essential that your phone and pc must be on the same wifi. The transfer speed depends on the wifi network. If it is a high speed network then the transfer rate will be simple great.

On Google Play if you search properly you can find ample of application for FTP. Just search for FTP server. This app converts your phone to a file transfer device. You can just by typing a IP address can pass on the files. You can also lock the files if you want. FTP Server allow you to modify the folders over pc via a simple url. You lust have to tupe ftp://ip.address of the phone provided by the app in Explorer and you can view all the internal files. It is quiet easy for data backup also. I am using this on my device from long time. This app is not limited to a wifi network. You can also use it on a mobile or via usb support. Adding password makes the network more secure so that no other can access your files. The app also gives you view of hidden android folders so that you can view everything. Another application available which is more simple to use is ES File Explorer. This app support Windows LAN sharing. You just have to share the files on a lan network and then you can view them directly in the application. All you have to do is hook the device on the same wifi network. I found it effective for video streaming. It makes job more easier. Instead of transferring all the files that consume your internal storage you can just share them on wifi.

I am using ES File Explorer. It is effective but sometime it is a bit annoying. The issue lies with different type of video formats. Sometime videos buffer a lot. Now there are some apps available on Google Play that allows you to access windows shared files via Samba. They are more better.

Transferring large files from on device to another is not a big issue here. You can use an application for that called as SuperBeam. This is one of the best file sharing application I had seen. IT is best for transferring file from one system to another. It works via wifi. It adds a wifi direct or nfc kind of feature on the device. You just need to add the application on every device among which you want to share files. To share tap on the app and tap on sharing button. In that you can see superbeam. It will give you a bar code. Via phone camera you can scan the bar code and files will be transferred instantly over wifi network. Much faster compare to a regular Bluetooth transfer. While ftp settings would be really complicated here. It needs lots of manual configuration which is not easy to understand. Those who are looking for a simple transfer and sharing process can stick with superbeam among devices, while if you are looking for solution to transfer files from pc to android devices then you can stick with eshare.