Thread: All files getting duplicated on xperia Z

All files getting duplicated on xperia Z

I ma using this phone since past 4 months abut dont know what went wrong recently. Since about two weeks whenever i transfer any file from my PC to the phone, it gets duplicated. I mean whenever i copy any picture, video or music files from PC to the phone using USB cable, i see two entries of the same on the phone. I dont have no idea what is wrong. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: All files getting duplicated on xperia Z

I am sorry if i dont understand your post correctly. Do you mean to say that whatever you are copying is getting copied twice in the same folder? Are you sure? because even if you press Ctrl+V twice it should overwrite the earlier file instead of copying it twice? Also is it looking doubled only on phone or on PC also when you connect the phone and open folders in windows explorer?

I known it should overwrite the existing files if copied twice but I am not copying it twice though but still all files appear twice on the phone. Nope it wont appears double when opened in Windows explorer but when I check it directly in the gallery or music players, all pictures and songs are listed two times on the phone.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mykola Guest

Strange. To me it looks like you have a virus on your mobile. Yeah there are possibilities of getting viruses on Android phones. Alright, are you able to delete any of these duplicated files from phone? Also what happens when you connect the phone to PC and delete all the pictures. Does your gallery on the phone appears blank?

Until you try this, I will suggest you to connect the phone via USB cable to your computer having updated antivirus suite, right click Xperia Z folder and scan it with your security software. See if it detects any virus. Also download any free antivirus from google play and install it on your phone.

I agree with you Mykola. His phone seems to be infected. If you have SD card, try removing the same and see if the problem appears still. Much better simply backup your contents on your computer having good antivirus installed and format the phone once. Then move the content back to the phone after scanning them properly.

I guess you were right, guys. Though the scanning didn’t found anything suspicious but resetting the phone fixed the problem. Now no more duplicate files on my phone.

Help appreciated.