Thread: Sony xperia z wont boot after Android 4.2.2 update

Sony xperia z wont boot after Android 4.2.2 update

If i am not wrong almost all of you Xperia Z users have updated their device to the latest Android 4.2.2 (10.3.A.0.423) update that rolled out recently. Did you guys faced any problem after installing the new firmware?

I have a problem. I received the update notification yesterday evening, installed the update over OTA. Process went fine without any problem. I even used the phone until today morning but around 9 am in the morning my phone got switched off and its been over 7 hours i am trying to boot it up again but no success. There was no battery problem because just like every day i make my battery 100% early in the morning and it use to work for the entire day.

I am sure it was not the battery but something else. Probably could be the firmware itself. Can anyone here please provide me some working solution to get my phone boot up again? Thanks in advance.

Re: Sony xperia z wont boot after Android 4.2.2 update

Thats strange because even i updated my Xperia Z 10.3.0.A.423 this wednesday, although i had automatic restart yesterday but fortunately didn't had the problem like you. Ok, what you try out is plugin the charge to the phone, leave it for about 5 minutes and see if it boots up or anything flashes on your screen.

If not, just try booting the device in recovery mode by pressing and holding volume down plus power button for about 15 seconds. See if it is atleast able to boot there. If you get into recovery simply try to do factory reset. Once done, come back to the home recovery screen and select Reboot System Now. Hopefully it should bootup fine but you will lose all your data because of the hard reset.

Quote Originally Posted by Maq.h View Post
    If not, just try booting the device in recovery mode by pressing and holding volume down plus power button for about 15 seconds.
    I guess it is both volume up and down button + Home key to boot into recovery in Xperia Z. Now sure though. Try doing the both ways.

Thanks for your helps guys but seems like none of these is working. I tried volume down + home as well as Volume Up+ Down + Home, it wont boot at all, nor anything flashes on the screen. Secondly I also left it connected to the charger for about 10 minutes still no response.

Is it dead / bricked? Any other help please?

Hope didn’t messed up with the device partition or did anything in its recovery recently which might have came into action after the 4.2 update. Anyways, if you haven’t done anything wrong, I will suggest you to simply take it to Sony Service Center as the phone was launched 4 to 5 months ago, you still have it under warranty. Make them realize that the problem occurred after official update.

Before going for the same you can give a last try by connecting it with your laptop or computer via USB cable. Make sure your system speakers are ON to hear if the connection sound comes up. Hope you a sound comes up when you connect any USB drive with windows.

Quote Originally Posted by Elila View Post
    Before going for the same you can give a last try by connecting it with your laptop or computer via USB cable. Make sure your system speakers are ON to hear if the connection sound comes up. Hope you a sound comes up when you connect any USB drive with windows.
    Thanks for the help Elila. Atleast following your steps let me know that my phone is still not dead as I heard the USB connection sound when I connected it with Sony laptop. But the phone didn’t appeared in the Windows explorer like it use to earlier, nor there was any response on the phone’s display. Secondly I also try the same with Sony PC Companion. Even companion connects the phone but there was message saying “please turn on your phone” or something similar. I think I should take the phone now Sony service center before I make any damage to avoid its warranty. I will update the status here, thanks though.