Thread: How to do NFC Tethering in Xperia Z

How to do NFC Tethering in Xperia Z

I have a Sony tablet, Xperia J and the latest Xperia Z smartphone at home. Xperia Z is used by me and i have a pretty good 3G plan on the phone. Now since past couple of days we are facing broadband internet problems due to rain hence my other devices are not able to access the internet (from my home wireless network). Hence i want to tether my Xperia Z so that other people in my family can access network on their device. Now as this device has NFC which is said to be the fastest way of transfer, i would like to do NFC tethering. Is that possible? If yes, please let me know how.

Re: How to do NFC Tethering in Xperia Z

Yeah, NFC is the better way of tethering or transfer files with other device as it is the fastest way, even better than bluetooth. In order to do tethering using NFC, you will need to use the Xperia Link application that comes pre-installed on your Xperia Z. First go into settings, turn on NFC. Open Xperia Link and follow the onscreen instruction. Also make sure that the NFC is running on the other devices as well where you need to do tethering.