Thread: Good waterproof external hard drive

Good waterproof external hard drive

Can anyone help me to find a good waterproof external hard drive. I want to gift to my dad. He works for a weather report channel. Last time I had bought a Seagate 500GB external drive which got spoiled in rain. It is not working and also it is not covered under warranty. I am looking for a durable drive that can bear shock and it must be waterproof. I found some models on Amazon which are really costly and added shipping cost over it is out of my reach to buy. Can anyone help me to get budget durable model.

Re: Good waterproof external hard drive

I think the best one among all is ioSafe Rugged Portable. It has a single series of drive that comes under rugged series which is portable and works well in extreme condition. It comes sealed inside a tight enclosure. I am not sure whether it is shockproof or not.

There are few drive available under ADATA. One among them is DashDrive. It is a USB 3.0 drive that comes covered up with rubber coating offering it shockproof solution and also waterproof abilities. The drive looks to be working really well in terms of output and has no problem at all. But the enclosure makes it really thick to carry. The drive specification states some kind of military grade shock proof ability that makes it extremely durable from falling. It ideal for those who keeps on traveling in different places. There are two videos I am listing below that will give you a live drop and water test of ADATA Dash Drive. Now if you are looking for a more stylish design then there is one more model available under ADATA. It is SH14. This is another portable hard drive which comes with more better waterproof abilities. It is also durable and has more thinner enclosure compare to DashDrive. So it fits well in the pocket. Being a usb 3.0 drives you can get good amount of data transfer speed on both the drives. I think both of them comes in proper budget. I am not really sure about the price, you can find that on Google. 0

ADATA Dashdrive Durable HD710 500GB Water Test

ADATA Dashdrive Durable HD710 500GB Drop Test

Checkout Buffalo MiniStation Extreme. It is tiny and durable. I think it will better because it will be tough to carry a big size drive. We need a portable size that can fit well in the pocket. Buffalo MiniStation Extreme comes in 1TB range.

ioSafe Rugged Portable comes for $249.99 for 500GB and for 1TB you have to pay $319.99. So that does not looks costly to me. And it is one of the best rugged hard drive available in the market. The drive comes with a durable design and it is also shockproof. It offers you crush protection also which no other drive provides. Under crush protection it is capable of bearing some 5000 lbs of pressure. Which makes it extremely durable. It is also capable of bearing shock fell from 20 feet. It is waterproof also. The drive comes with a usb 3.0 port with Firewire connection. While ample of other portable hard drive just offers you a composite usb 3.0 port. I think this hard drive is really great. It is a value for money product. Along with the drive you also get a additional service for data recovery. The company offers you upto $5000 of free data recovery service. So next if you really loose your data there is no need to pay for anything. I found ioSafe more durable then many other drives in the market. Also in terms of look the hard drive looks really stylish. It is not dull at all. You can visit the official website and checkout all the features. Here rugged word really matters because this drive features everything in terms of durability.