Thread: How to take blur background photos from a camera

How to take blur background photos from a camera

I want some help to take blur background photos from a camera. I am unable to find any settings for that. I am having a digital camera by Sony. It has certain set of scene modes that does not has any particular settings that can actually blur the background. Can anyone simply show me the process of the same. I want to create a brochure of flowers. I just want the photos and remove the background from it.

Re: How to take blur background photos from a camera

You can do that in photoshop I think. That will be more easier. You can find a relative tutorial based on the same on YouTube. Just download and install photoshop in your system and check for a complete set of tutorial on the web. That would be more helpful I think.

That can be done via DSLR. It is done by adjusting the aperture and shutter speed. If you are new to photography then it will be bit complicated to learn, but by constant practice you will be able to get what you are looking for. It is necessary that the object which you are trying to capture must be far from background. There must be a reasonable distance or else the front focus will fail. Now in your camera check for shutter speed and F settings. To use that you will need to set your camera on Aperture mode. This is best for capturing photos with blurry background. You can also use a tripod to get maximum stability so that the photos are not out of focus. After settings the camera on Aperture mode just go the F settings and put it on minimum. This is the focal length of camera. Then set the shutter speed at maximum. You can simply test the photos on different shutter speed unless you get exactly the same shot you are looking for. Aperture mode is easy to use because there the camera tries to focus more on the front object. You have to maintain a distance between the camera and object so that it can stay in focus. If you are getting blurry output then try to bring the camera more near or zoom in.

Checkout for Macro mode in camera. It is also works in the same way. Macro mode is designed to specifically capture photos of a nearby object by blurring the background and giving out more vibrant color on the front side. It is a common feature, if it is not available then you can try aperture mode.

Most camera also comes with Manual mode. This mode helps you to manage the F settings and Shutter speed manually unless you get the right shot. It is right that if you put the camera on tripod then it is more helpful and easier to get the images. While when we keep it holding it will be complicated to establish the frame. When you put the camera on manual the f settings and shutter speed can be adjusted via control wheel. But if this does not work then the best thing you can do is switch to Photoshop. Capture high quality images and then you can use Photoshop to get blurry background. There are ample of tutorial available on the web for that. For capturing photos with blurred background you camera must have a good zoom feature. So that it can keep the object in maximum focus. While if you try to move the camera then it will not capture images problem.