Thread: alarm problem in nokia lumia 920

alarm problem in nokia lumia 920

I have a Nokia Lumia 920 mobile phone and I have got a problem with its alarm which is not working at all if the phone is switched off. In the previous nokia phone if I set any alarm and turned off the phone then it used to ring at the alarm time set. But why it is not working in this new range of lumia phone i dont know. All lumia phones based on windows mobile are a piece of garbage and nothing else it seems.

Re: alarm problem in nokia lumia 920

Nokia lumia 920 works like that way only, if you switch off the phone then the alarm would not ring at anytime that you have set. Even in Android phones, when you switch the phone then the alarm wont ring. The same goes with iPhones and sound comes only when it is switched on. What you can do to get the alarm to work is that you choose the option of flight mode n your phone and then you wont get any network but still will get the alarm to work.

Yes, the previous phones from Nokia used to wake itself even if the phone was switched off when an alarm was set but why cant Lumia do the same. It doesnt matter if other iphones or android phones cannot do it as well, but that doesnt mean nokia should also not do it? Whats worse is that there is no Hdmi out and sync with outlook via USB or Bluetooth as well.

There is nothing that can be done since it cannot support alarm when the phone is switched off. Even if you write a complaint against both Microsoft and Nokia then you will just get a reply that the device is not built to support that kind of a feature. The OS and hardware parts used cannot be changed again just for one little feature.