Thread: Can I install Android Jellybean on Nokia Lumia 920?

Can I install Android Jellybean on Nokia Lumia 920?

I just have this doubt in my mind. I am going for Lumia 920 device. I love the durability features of this phone. But can I install android on this. I had seen many threads where lots of people are confused. Till yet I cannot find any guide which can really confirm that android will work on Windows phone. While if you remember HTC HD2 which worked really well with Android. It was a Windows phone. I hope there would be some possibilities of porting android on lumia series.

Re: Can I install Android Jellybean on Nokia Lumia 920?

No it is not possible. Technically you cannot add android on windows device. That is due to ample of restriction. Some serious developer needs to work really hard in offering a custom android version of windows phone.

It is but a complicated process. Now I own a Nokia Lumia 620 device. I am really fed up using windows for so long time. I posted many threads on XDA about getting a proper rooting process. There is a big difference between windows and android platform. Due to which rooting is also really complicated here. In a very common process we simply run the custom rom via SD cards. But some of the Lumia devices does not comes with external memory card slot due to which you cannot run the update package. Also someone has to provide a complete new kernel for this devices. It is just doing everything from scratch. There are not proper rooting process available. But there were few devices that belongs to Windows series still they worked with android. One of which you had mentioned HTC HD2. That was a old model. While Nokia is releasing devices that are completely optimized for Windows only. According to me developers are not really interested in creating a custom Windows rom. There is nothing in it. You have a set of few applications and outdated games only. I think you must drop the ideal of rooting this phone and better go out to buy a android device.

Nokia really sucks on rooting process. I had gone through ample of sites that dedicately offers rooting process for almost all kinds of devices. But there is nothing available. I hope in future there will be some kind of process available which might give us a proper way of rooting Nokia Lumia devices.

The issue lies with different architecture here. You will need to find the proper firmware for rooting. Now Android devices comes with a common firmware or what you say kernel that easily identify the operating system. But for Windows the firmware is completely different here. There are tools like Winflasher that might do the job. But not on all devices. I had seen relatively few articles on web which had tries to root Windows phone and install android on them. In terms of hardware config I think Lumia 920 is capable enough of running Jellybean. Instead of rooting more safer way here is to go with emulators. That is another proper way of testing and using a different operating system on different platforms. For Android you can find emulators but for Windows there is nothing available.