Thread: Is it possible to unlock the bootloader of Nexus 7

Is it possible to unlock the bootloader of Nexus 7

It is possible to root or unlock the bootloader of Nexus 7. My friend has purchased a internal version of this tab. Rooting is a real trend today among android devices that allows to add more customization. I had seen Samsung phones works really well in this area. But when it comes to HTC or Sony or any other model then the entire process is so complicated. I do not think people are really working in making custom rom for Nexus also. I need some valuable information on this so that I can manage to make it more better.

Re: Is it possible to unlock the bootloader of Nexus 7

Rooting is a complicated process and here Nexus already comes with the most latest Android operating system. Why you are thinking to root it ? I think Nexus is one of the best tablet in the market with great features and smooth performance.

It is possible but there are some additional methods. Now in Samsung devices you have tools like CWM that allows you to unlock the bootloader. It simply adds more feature to the bootlaoder giving you super access to do anything. In HTC or Sony or Nexus the bootloader plays the vital role in protecting the rom from modification. So the first thing lies here is to go with modifying the bootloader. Adding a custom one is the later part. Once you are done with modifying the bootloader then you can launch the custom rom in the phone or else nothing can be done. I am trying to locate the bootloader for many phone and tablet models among which Nexus is one. I cannot find any specified files which are tested and reliable. It not impossible to root Nexus, but all you need to find is proper files for the same. Samsung looks to be favorite of many due to which are easily get a custom rom for the same. The best place to find this kind of information is XDA. They have great articles on rooting of various devices along with proper files and installation procedure. Ample of them are tested. Rooting looks to be a one way process to me in many devices because there are no possible options available by which you can restore your old settings back.

In Samsung it is possible. All you have to do is install CWM and backup your existing rom. This comes the phone when you buy it. The backup rom can be used anytime to restore the original OS. Rooting is an unofficial process due to which we do not get much support for it.

Nexus is great device. But still we can make it better by rooting. There are certain articles available in the web that allows you to run a JellyBean 4.2 update on the device making it more better. To root Nexus you need CF-Autoroot file. You can find the same on XDA. This file will give you complete root access. You will need to first put the device on usb debugging mode and then connect it to your pc. Go the folder of CF-Autoroot and look for root-windows.bat. Run the file and follow screen instructions. After that you can go with installation of CWM. For adding the new JellyBean update you can download the stock android 4.2.2 rom from web and install it on the phone. Now this is not going to give you any additional features. IT is the stock rom that comes with default apps but somehow after rooting you might get really great performance. That depends on the rom and optimization. Jn ample of branded phone the OS is optimized delivering great performance with smooth interface. Now when you root the existing OS is modified giving you stock rom. Somehow try to find a custom rom that is different than stock. I cannot find anything for Nexus, but for HTC there are some great rom available.