Thread: How to check display manufacturer in Sony Xperia Z

How to check display manufacturer in Sony Xperia Z

I dont know for sure whether Sony uses 2 display manufacturers but there is some steps to check whether your Sony Xperia X has different display manufacturers or not. So, first of all you will need to root your Xperia Z smartphone and then install a terminal from the Google Play market and type the below in the terminal:

- su
    - dmesg|grep -i panel

After that you need to check for "Found panel: mipi_video_********_Full_HD_******"

Incase you are not able to get proper result then try to simply restart your smartphone and it will help you out. Right now you will get the below 2 reports of the display, which is altogether different:

Sharp panel: 1
    - Found panel: mipi_video_sharp_Full_HD_ls050t3sx01_id_dlogo

JDC panel: 2
    - Found panel: mipi_video_jdc_Full_HD_mdy70

Re: How to check display manufacturer in Sony Xperia Z

So, have you found out some information on this displays? Which among the Sharp panel mipi_video_sharp_Full_HD_ls050t3sx01_id_dlogo or JDC panel mipi_video_jdc_Full_HD_mdy70 is the better among the two? I also wanted to know why Sony is using the sharp displays because I thought that this company used to make their own displays, so why cant they use the same to their devices?

Sharp is actually one of the few panel makers in the world, that you cant find around the corners. And having only the panel deosnt mean that you will get good picture quality from it but with the backlight it will have you will start to get some picture quality and this is where Sony has to play its part. Sony was making lcd panels along with Samsung but now they have moved to Sharp panels for lcds.

Well, if I am doing the above steps on my Sony Xperia phone, then I am getting "No panel found". I tried to restart the device and do it again for couple of times but still it is just giving me "no panel detect function". Is there any other way to find out the display manufacturer in my Sony Xperia Z phone? Also, what is better in between the JDC and Sharp display, does anyone of this really matter?