Thread: Sony Xperia Z white version gets dirty pretty quickly

Sony Xperia Z white version gets dirty pretty quickly

I just bought Sony Xperia Z smartphone. It is a white edition. My friend were suggesting me to buy the black edition. But as they already had it so I thought going for different will be better. But somehow the back cover gets dirty quickly. I was on vacation on beach. I had seen the back side getting faded out so instantly. It is just some couple of weeks old and the backside is getting grayed out. I hope this is being noticed by someone.

Re: Sony Xperia Z white version gets dirty pretty quickly

That is not the limitation of phone, it is actually color and it is common with other phone model also. My brother bought HTC One X white edition 2 months ago. Now he works under a construction company due to which his phone is getting dusty day by day. Using a good cover is a wise choice.

It is right. The limitation lies with the color here. While I had notice Lumia 920 is more better in terms of back cover. I had seen a yellow edition which was bit old phone but still it was shining. There are some special liquid available in the market which comes with a mixture of alcohol and chemicals. Somewhat like surface cleaner. You can simply use them to clean the back surface that might make them shine properly. Dust is a common stuff here. Many touches the phone on the backside due to which as times goes on, the back panel keeps on getting darker. So the best option remains here is to add a good back cover. You can buy that online. There are different kinds of cover available. Some of them are like diary cover where you can keep the phone packed inside a leather case. It has back as well as front cover while some are only back cover. There are some good plastic covers available on the web for $30. You can buy one good cover and hook the phone on the same. So that the backside remains untouched and does not get dusty as time goes on.

There are two edition available under the white color in Xperia Z. Once is clear white and other one is bluish White. The clear one will surely fade out by time while the bluish white can stay for longer time due to a bit dull color.

Sometime some chemicals also cause this issue. The phone comes in contact with them through clothes or surface. Like chemicals used for polishing woods, glass cleaner, etc. So you must take care. Some might be reactive with the paint causing it to fade out. Adding a good back cover is recommended. Instead of using a plastic cover try to find out fiber. That is more better. It remains soft on hand also. While plastic covers are bit hard to hold and can be slippery also. Xperia Z is having a bit less choices under cases. But diary cover is also not a bad choice. If you are only looking for the back cover then you can look for rock sand case. They are available online. They covers the backside only. While book cover or dairy cover comes with screen guard also. So that you can protect scratches.