Thread: Sony Xperia Z camera sensor gives black dots in photos and videos

Sony Xperia Z camera sensor gives black dots in photos and videos

I guess only i am having this problem with my Sony xperia Z. I bought this phone about a month ago and so far i dint noticed any pixel problem on my images or any videos. But now, when i capture anything i can see some black spots like dead pixel on every image and video. I dont think the problem is with all xperia model because i started noticing this from past couple of days. First I thought my camera lense may hot got dirty, i wiped it with cotton and cloth but still it remains there. Now i dont have any idea what could be the problem. Can anyone please provide some suggestion?

Thanks for the help.

Re: Sony Xperia Z camera sensor gives black dots in photos and videos

Well i too have a Xperia Z but i didn't noticed any such pixels on this device. However i have seen a similar thing earlier in a phone which appears like a hot pixel. Hope it is the same with your Xperia Z. Have you enabled camera stabilisation option while recording videos? Because such hot pixels appears usually if you have enabled the stabilisation. try disabling the same and see if it makes any difference.

Sorry for the late reply, i was out somehwere hence. Ok, so according to you it may be hot pixels but i haven't enabled the video stabilizer. Infact i even tried resetting the default settings, atlast i even tried resetting the entire phone at factory defaults but yet the pixels remain there. Also let me tell you that i am noticing this from past couple of weeks, it was not their earlier. What should i do? Is it camera defect?

May be, not sure. It may be dust as well under camera lenses. Yeah, it is possible because being a dust proof and water proof phone we use this device carelessly. Though there is very least possibility but the dirt might have entered from somewhere. Now as there is no way to cleanup the lenses or camera on our own and as the phone is just a month old according to you, better take it to Sony service center for free service. They will clean it or fix it if it is internal defect.

Hello natured, as you said those pixels were not seen earlier, I don’t think it is camera defect, because I am too having Xperia Z since past 4 months but I didn’t noticed any such thing so far. Probably this could be firmware issue. You might be knowing that Sony has already started rolling out Android 4.2 update for Xperia Z.

So just wait for few more days until it reaches your region, install the new update and see if the problem is gone. Even after updating you see the pixels, better take it for repairing.

As I have already doing factory reset and all, I think you are correct Wamil, this may be firmware issue. Anyways, as you said I’ll for 4.2 update. By the way It was great news to hear that they have released the latest android update for this model. Hope it fixes the camera issue