Thread: 307 software update available for Sony Xperia Z

307 software update available for Sony Xperia Z

Hi,

I am having Sony Xperia Z smartphone with Build No. 10.1.1.A.1.253. Yesterday i was just browsing to get more information about my phone and i came through an Article dated 6th June saying that Sony rolled out a new firmware update for Xperia Z on the same day with Build Number 10.xxxxxx.307. But when i check for any update on my mobile, it says my device is up to date.

Whats the problem? Why the update is not for my device? Whats new in this update?

Re: 307 software update available for Sony Xperia Z

As you said you checked for the update on your mobile, let me tell you that the update is not OTA (Over The Air). You will need to update it from the PC companion (PC Suite). Yes, download the PC companion from Sony's download center and connect the phone using USB cable. It will recognize your device and give notification about the udpate. Also the condition is that the update should be available for your region. Where are you located?

Quote Originally Posted by ramo$ View Post
    I am having Sony Xperia Z smartphone with Build No. 10.1.1.A.1.253. Yesterday i was just browsing to get more information about my phone and i came through an Article dated 6th June saying that Sony rolled out a new firmware update for Xperia Z on the same day with Build Number 10.xxxxxx.307. But when i check for any update on my mobile, it says my device is up to date.
    Hello ramo$,

For forget about those updates buddy. We are about to get much better than that. Sony has already started rolling out the much awaited Android 4.2.2 JellyBean update for Xperia Z. They has released it 2 days but as of now it is only available in few 3 to 4 countries including netherlands, spain, etc. But probably we will get it in our region in next few weeks. Just keep checking for the OTA update.

Quote Originally Posted by maq.h View Post
    They has released it 2 days but as of now it is only available in few 3 to 4 countries including netherlands, spain, etc. But probably we will get it in our region in next few weeks. Just keep checking for the OTA update.
    Wow, thats really a good news. I am based in UK. Any idea when it is going to reach my country?

As Maq clearly mentioned above “But probably we will get it in our region in next few weeks. Just keep checking for the OTA update”, you can’t even wait for the same, right? Well, nobody knows except the manufacturer when the updates are going to reach which region? You should better call up Sony or email them. See if they tell you the exact date with time

Well there is no compulsion that it will take weeks, you should better keep checking for the OTA as well as through the PC companion daily. Because most of the time the updates wont appear on OTA but they get through the PC Suites.

By the way did you tried connecting the phone with PC companion once?

Quote Originally Posted by Innis View Post
    By the way did you tried connecting the phone with PC companion once?
    Yes, I checked connecting with PC Companion. It says your device and applications are up to date. Anyways, lets see when the 4.2 update comes to our devices.

Thanks by the way.