Thread: Android 4.2.2 for Sony Xperia Z available

Android 4.2.2 for Sony Xperia Z available

So now its been about 3 months i am having Xperia Z and it is still running with Android 4.1 while most of the budget smartphones like Micromax etc are getting 4.2 update. Even several new devices getting launched now a days are running on latest Android 4.2. So when are we with such high end model (Xperia Z) are going to get the update?

I remember i read somewhere that Sony was about to roll out the update by the march end in Europe. Accordingly its been almost 4 months, when is it going to reach India? By the way i dint received the update hence i would like to confirm whether the 4.2 update is already available or not released yet?

Re: Android 4.2.2 for Sony Xperia Z available

First of all comparing Xperia Z with those low end devices really hurts You talking about Micromax and all, let me remind you that there are still high end devices such as Galaxy S3 or Note 2 which are still running on Android 4.1 and there is atleast three months to get 4.2 for them. This is because manufacturers like Samsung or Sony dont just release firmware updates they provide several worth features as well.

Secondly, Yes it was about release in march itself in Europe but was delayed due to some reason. But you dont need to worry, because 4.2 update for xperia Z is ready to be rolled out. Probably it is in the last stage of testing. Wait for a week or two.

Well there is a good news for all Xperia Z users. Android 4.2.2 update for this handset model has been already sent to Telstra for testing purpose. So according the news it should take maximum 2 weeks for the testing purpose. And hence we should get the Android 4.2.2 update for Xperia Z by the second week end of July, that is 15th July, 2013.

Oh, that’s really a good news. So we have to wait more two to three weeks. Ok, lets see if it finally comes this July or gets delayed again.

Quote Originally Posted by Vrijesh View Post
    Oh, that’s really a good news. So we have to wait more two to three weeks. Ok, lets see if it finally comes this July or gets delayed again.

Hello Vrijesh, if waiting for the official and best firmware update for Xperia Z is difficult for you or if you are in hurry to get the update than you can get right now itself  surprised? A guy on XDA has already released the un official 4.2 ROM for this handset. But remember you should have the unlocked bootloader on your smartphone. And yeah, if you want to install this ROM, you will be on your own risk. Nobody will be responsible for any damage to the device. To get the firmware just search for “Sony JellyBean Firmware: 10.3.A.0.407” on Google. To know how you can unlock your Zperia Z’s bootloader, check these articles. Hopefully you will get an idea.

Well if anyone really want to mess up with the bootloaders to get Android 4.2.2 on Xperia Z then you can also go with “CyanogenMod 10.1.0” Custom ROM that is made up with 4.2 JB and is compatible with Xperia Z. But I don’t think that will be a good idea as there is just two weeks left for the Official Firmware Update from the manufacturer itself. Waiting is much better.